Wednesday, August 11, 2004

TiVoToGo

Since there has been some TiVo talk around here lately, I thought I'd share something I learned today. I get email newsletters from TiVo and in today's issue they talk about something called "TiVoToGo" Apparently they announced it back in January.


Here is what they said in today's email:

You Ask, We Answer

Q. I was wondering if you could update us as to the status of TiVoToGo? As a person who travels 60% of the year, I'd find this feature invaluable and am excited to learn more. Thank you. Brent N.

A. Thanks, Brent! Your question gave me an excuse to investigate a feature I've been anticipating myself. If you haven't heard, later this year, a TiVo service update will be released that includes TiVoToGo - a home media feature that will enable unprecedented portability options in digital recording, like the ability to transfer recorded programs from your TiVo box to your laptop, for example, so you can take your favorite shows with you. TiVoToGo will also allow you to burn the transferred programs on your computer to DVD for permanent safekeeping with the purchase of third-party software from Sonic Solutions. You'll receive this service update automatically during your regular connection to the TiVo service.



Here's a link to the January Press Release:
http://www.tivo.com/5.3.1.1.asp?article=196
(In case you want to read more)




2 comments:

Trent said...

This will be very cool indeed. By the way, ULEAD works great. I made my first DVD with it last night. Straight from the computer to the DVD player...excellent.

Anonymous said...

Tivo rocks even harder!