Sunday, August 01, 2004

Jack In The Box Circus Experience

Okay, so the strangest thing just happened. (This is Rachelle.) We went to Jack in the Crack to get a shake. We walk in and in front of us are what look like two Native American women ordering some grub. They had their backs to us. One was dressed in a black, sparkly dress with black, sparkly tights and low cut boots. The other was dressed all in black with low cut boots. After ordering, the one in the sparkly dress started rummaging through a purse to find money to pay. (No wallet, just money in a skinny purse.) I only saw her hands and said to Trent that it was a man. He didn't hear and I was a little buzzed from the couple of drinks I had with dinner so I stepped behind him and muttered in his ear, "That is a dude." He said, "What? How do you know?". I said, giggling, "That is a man!" He said, 'How do you know?". I said,"Look at his hands. It's a dead give away." And then, the women in the sparkly dressed stepped sideways and it I thought that she was either a cowboy or had had a really long date.
Then she turned to walk to the "pick-up counter" and had a full on goatee with a mustache and a stuffed bra. We are trying to get over ourselves as we step up to the counter and order an oreo shake, but we told the woman we would like it made with chocolate insteade of vanilla. The lady helping us gets this completely confused look and says they don't have chocolate ice cream, they only have chocolate shakes. So we say, "what's the difference? We want that but with oreos." But at the same time I notice that her face looks like she is morbidly obese, but her body isn't. Like her face and neck should belong on someone twice her size. Well, then I turn around so I won't burst out laughing and I see this guy standing behind us with this really long, salt and pepper beard and his mouth is agape and he is wearing a hat that is too big and he looks like he is frozen or ready to pass out at any point. Or if you startled him he'd fall face first. So, I start giggling and the fat face lady thinks I'm laughing about the cross dresser who is trying so hard to be feminine. And says, she is trying so hard not to smile. The whole time, I am thinking that somebody just let the circus out and we were getting a free show or it is a very queer twilight zone episde. So, any way, we get our shake and walk out and as it turns out...we only got a chocolate ice cream shake. No oreo and no chocolate goo. Maybe you had to be a couple deep to appreciate this story, but it was definitely a strange experience. (Moral: Beware of fast food restaurants on Hwy 99!)

No comments: