Sunday, January 02, 2005

Very Disappointed

While I'm very happy for the Hawks winning a division championship today, I'm extremely disappointed in Alexander not receiving a rushing title. I'm having trouble comprehending Holmgren?s decision to run a quarterback sneak from the 1 yard line on 1st or 2nd down with only 5 odd minutes left when you have someone like Alexander in the game who only needs 1 YARD to share a rushing title. This is one of the toughest accomplishments not only for the running back but for the o line, the coaches, and the team in general. To waste an opportunity like that is despicable. It seems petty to worry about that after winning a division title, but I believe that poor decision to not run Alexander who would have also scored a touchdown and achieved the rushing title will create some bad blood and bite Holmgren in the ass.

5 comments:

Trent said...

I also thought it was really lame for Alexander to make such a big deal about it after the game. The Hawks just clinched the NFC West, they are hosting a home playoff game, and he looked like there was a death in the family. Keep that stuff in the locker room. Individual goals should always take a back seat to team goals. His reaction is going to cause a distraction because now there is a "controversy".

That being said, a not using Alexander on 2nd goal was a stupid decision regardless of whether or not a rushing title was at stake.

Trent said...

Hey Brian,
I was looking for some commentary on the internet in regards to this, but I haven't found any yet. It will be interesting to see the reaction from the Times and P-I.

Trent said...

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/football/206304_shaun03.html
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sports/2002138637_les03.html

ericdagg said...

I have a different take on this. I saw the interview and I was so surprised that he took that shit public. Up until then, I was mad he didn't get the title. He had 353 attempts this season. He set records for number of touchdowns over multiple seasons. He is in the Pro Bowl. Dude - you're getting taken care of. The priority is to win the game. Oh, and Shaun, aren't you like 2 for 7 on your last 7 rushing attempts inside of 1 yard?

I think there is no way that he resigns with the Hawks Those comments were calculated, and it was part of his exit strategy.

Plus - I don't think K-Rob will be back either.

oh, and what is this shit about D-Jack not talking to the press because he was pissed that he was one yard short of becoming the third Seahawk with 1200 receiving yards.

you guys just won the division, stop being bitches.

Trent said...

I agree with Dagg on this. I was on Alexander's side until he did that shitty interview. He came off as such a selfish asshole. Maybe the me-first attitudes from some of our key players have hurt us this year more than we have realized. I can't say for sure, but they need to keep that stuff in locker room...especially the week before the biggest game of the season.
Next thing you know the players will me mad even after a vicotry next week.