Monday, January 03, 2005

Arcade Fire, Funeral

Just want to put in a plug for Arcade Fire's new album. As you can see from Trent's KEXP list, it made #1 this year and well deserved it! I just downloaded it from iTunes and highly recommend getting it. I first discovered this band unknowing one night, as I was driving home they came on the radio and I heard the DJ say their name. Immediately I called my music guru, Trent, and asked "who are these guys, they sounded great!", upon which Trent said, "oh yeah, Arcade Fire" and gave a two thumbs up.
This was a two listen album for me, first listen was the intro and I fell in love the second listen. Very deep, quality, music that successfully experiments with voice, sound, and instruments. This album will stay in my rotation for a long while.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rachizzle says... I know this is late, but...The last two weeks of the year I was listening to Arcade Fire a lot and there isn't one song I don't love. I only had four albums on my top 5 of 2004 and that ended up making it on my list and leaping to #2. I just can't put it past Franz Ferdinand,however, it is a close 2nd. Sorry Wilco and Modest Mouse!