Sunday, January 23, 2005

Million Dollar Baby

In my quest to see all the films nominated in the major oscar categories this year I saw Million Dollar Baby Friday night. It immediately became my favorite film from last year for many reasons. However, I don't want to reveal much except to say it's not just a boxing movie; although there are some great boxing scenes.
It's funny, touching, and emotional without being overly sentimental. I would love to talk about with anyone who gets a chance to see it.
Next up: The Aviator.


P.S. In Good Company was pretty good too.

2 comments:

ericdagg said...

We'll be checking this out soon. Brandi is always down to see her girl Hilary. I'm still tripped out about the story that Brandi's dad tells about driving Hilary home from gymnastics to her trailer park in Bellingham and her saying that someday she is going to be a movie star. That's crazy talk.

Did anyone see her and Clint on the cover of the new EW? What a horrible picture of Hilary!

Trent said...

I was thinking the EXACT same thing when I saw the picture. She looks like a she-male in that photo.
Good flick though.