Saturday, September 25, 2004

Random Thoughts

Hi Everyone,
Work has kept me from posting, however, now that the weekend is here I can do my best Larry King impression and give you my random thoughts for the week.

Have you seen Lost? Best new show of the year by far. It's sort of like if Gilligan and Co. had a plane crash and instead of an island where the coconuts were used to make radios, it's like the island from Jurassic Park. Did I mention they are stranded and the search party is searching a thousand miles off course? The first 15 minutes had me hooked big time. I will happily copy this to VHS for anyone interested.

Survivor. Or should we know just call this the "White People Lie To Each Other Show"? Not too impressed so far. I am more enthralled watching white people B.S. each other on C-Span.I don't really like anyone except Amy. This show needs more diversity and more brains. At least they have lesbians. I still love Probst though. In my fantasies he arrives at my door via a Harley holding flowers, comdoms, the P-Funk All-Stars Greatest Hits, and specific instructions for a brutal physical challenge.

So rumor has it the Showbox show with PJ last night was insane. Everyone who waited an hour in line got in for $40. Great
pics from the PI. Click on music if you don't see Eddie's face holding a grunge pose circa '93.

Did anyone think the Dawgs would be this bad this year? Where do we even start? We won't because...

The Seahawks will go 3-0 tomorrow. Look for Holmgren to actually coach this game instead of letting the defense dictate the tempo for 3 1/2 quarters. Shawn Alexander will get 100 yards too.

Fahrenheit 911 comes out on DVD Tuesday. Tell your friends to watch it. Then tell them to vote John Kerry. By the way, should people who don't follow the issues everyday be allowed to vote? Should there be some sort of political and social awareness test issued at the polls? I mean , are we watching the same reports from Iraq? How can anyone think we are doing OK over there? Do we get points everytime someone is killed? Do we score higher with every other country we alienate? Are suicide bombers really just pissed because their high school sweetheart just broke up with them and they can't take it? When an Iraqi points a gun at an American soldier does that really mean "Thanks for destroying our country. We are happy to have you here. You liberate me and you had me at hello." Deep breath Trent...

Some great new music is out right now. The new Interpol record comes out Tuesday along with Brian Wilson's sMiLe. The new Thrills, Black Keys, and Presidents records are great too.

Looking for Falling Into Fall Five to arrive in your mailbox in the next two weeks or so. It may even include a bonus dance mix of some great bands like the Scissor Sisters, Radio 4, !!! Chk Chik Chick, and Metric.

Daily Show. Best show ever. Set your Tivos for 11:00 Mon-Thurs. Jon passes Dave finally as Late Night's funniest.

Ichiro is close. Very close. It could be Oct 1st so get your gloves and sushi ready for a night at the ballpark. When Ichiro gets his magic hit we will all throw rice balls onto the unnecesary and annoying bleachers that are covering up the public-funded bricks and taking away people minglinge space in the Beer Garden.

Feedback: Who still reads the site? Do we need to send the link out again?
Let me get some action in the comment section...





1 comment:

ericdagg said...

Good post Trent. That right there is the kind of post that makes a blog a blog.

I happened to drive by the Showbox yesterday (Friday) at about 9:30AM and there was already a crowd of about 20 people sitting in camping chairs and on the ground. Sounds like they got rewarded for the effort.

I ran in Jason Jory at Nectar in Fremont (killer new bar) and we decided to call my brother to see where he was. The little fucker was at the Showbox. He didn't even tell me that he had scored tickets. I'm waiting to hear his review of the show.