Friday, October 08, 2004

Random Thoughts

First of all, I must admit I am not a big fan of the WNBA. However, I am a huge lesbian fan. That's why on Tuesday night after the Storm win the title I am going to be perched on Broadway on Capital Hill where all the celebrating lesbians will go buck wild and start tipping over cars and lighting shit on fire. Is there anything a man fears more than an angry pack of lesbians? Nope. And I wanna see them all go crazy up close. It will be like WTO Revisited!

So today at hoops I played with Shawn Kemp's wife. When I was told she was his wife I asked "which one" since Kemp has fathered many kids all over the nation. In fact, I believe the starting five in the NBA All-Star game in 2012 will all have the last name of Kemp. Perhaps he is a polygamist. (Doesn't that sound like a soft-drink...Hmm, I would love a nice, cold polyga-mist).
Anyway, she completely dominated this short guy she was playing and knocked me on my ass too. See, her ass is like six Trent's Asses and when she moves...you move! In fact, her ass was so big that after she knocked me down she told me to hop on board because she would carry me up the court a few times. Show em what your working with!
Also, her nails are real. I asked her after she poked me in the eye and scratched my face and shoulder. When it happened I smiled and thanked her. I don't wanna piss off papa you know.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is the coolest movie ever. This is the best use of non-linear story telling I have seen since Pulp Fiction. I am teaching it to my classes in two weeks. Loved it. Thumbs up. Way up. Like Fonzi.

Duran Duran is back with a new album. Can't wait to see em in Seattle soon. My favorite is John Taylor, but I always have loved Nick Rhodes's hair and eye shadow. Keyboards rule! If you like early Duran Duran circa 'Planet Earth' and 'Girls on Film' you might like the Killers. Rachelle loves em and so does Verms. I think both of them are "killer" too. :)

Franz Ferdinand was on Letterman last week and when Dave came out afterword he kept saying. "Nice job, welcome to our country" over and over while he was shaking hands with the band. I thought that was funny. They have been touring here for like six months.

Arrested Development comes back Nov. 7. Set your TIVOS.

Lost is still good stuff on ABC Wednesdays.

Anyone watching Desperate Housewives? I have not seen it, but I have heard it's good.

The new Interpol album is awesome. So is Falling Into Fall Five. You will receive your copy soon.

Comments? Let's see some writing people. Your laziness with the written language frustrates me. (Jeremy is exempt due to his iliteracy. Everyone else has no excuse.)

Update: Just read Entertainment Weekly and there are good articles on Duran Duran and Arrested Development. Go figure.

2 comments:

ericdagg said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ericdagg said...

In the same Entertainment Weekly article that Trent talks about (Fall's 5 Best TV Shows) they also talk about "The Wire"

Here are some clips from that section:

THE PLOT
You got three or four hours? The Wire is easily the most complicated and rewarding show on TV. It follows a group of Baltimore cops working on a wiretap operation to take down a group of drug dealers called the Barksdale Crew. This season, the projects that the Barksdales call home have been razed, and as the dealers fan out, there's friction with rival crews. Meanwhile, the murder rate is skyrocketing, the cops are getting nothing off the wire, and the mayor is demanding action. Sensing an opportunity, oily Councilman Carcetti is positioning himself for a mayoral run.

WHY WE LOVE IT
Because The Wire is the most demanding, intelligent hour on television right now. Because the series recounts the truths of urban life. Because unlike CSI and its knockoffs, The Wire shows what real cops, criminals, and police work are like. Because the acting is superb and the writing even better. (What other staff boasts names like Dennis Lehane, George Pelecanos, and Richard Price?) Says creator David Simon: ''If I had to write a TV procedural, I'd put a gun to my head. I'm interested in [entertaining] people who say, 'This is 12 hours of my life. You better make it pay off.'''

I've thought Sue "Dimples" Bird is hot since her UConn days. If they win Sunday, count Brandi and I in for next Tuesday night at The Key.