Monday, December 24, 2007

Some new bands you should check out!

If you are into breathy/mellow electronica a la Zero 7 check out Chromatics.

I have a hard time trying to describe Jens Lekman to people, so I give you the wikipedia version: "Jens Martin Lekman (born February 6, 1981 in Angered, Sweden) is a Swedish indie pop musician. His music can be described as guitar-based pop with heavy use of samples and strings; the lyrics are often witty, romantic, and melancholic. His work is often compared to that of Stephin Merritt of the Magnetic Fields, Jonathan Richman, and Belle and Sebastian."
The songs on Night Falls Over Kortedala are extremely diverse, going from tropicala to electronic to reggae to crooning. I think people in love on a deserted beach hear this kind of music in their own personal montage.

Panda Bear's Person Pitch record is a collection of sounds and samples over choirs and indie pop songs. It's the side project of one of the dudes from Animal Collective so you can imagine its quite experimental.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dude, I like the Jens Lekman - I've heard a few of his tracks. I like the description.

I would add the Tokyo Police Club for myself (though I'm not sure they're new - maybe just to me.) I dig their energy.