Monday, August 15, 2005

The Arcade Fire/Six Feet Under

First of all, the end of Six Feet Under is very intense and tough to watch due to the complicated emotions every single character is going through after Nate's death. However, the show is still hypnotic and I find myself watching through covered eyes from time to time.
Secondly, The Arcade Fire song that finished the show is one of the bands best songs and deserves to be downloaded from ITunes. I love how mellow it is until it builds up to the group chorus. Uplifting and sad simultaneously.


Click on the link to download.

2 comments:

ericdagg said...

I couldn't agree more. I love Six Feet Under. I've seen every episode. However, it's so damn depressing - part of me can't wait till it's over. You're right, Sunday's episode was tough to watch. I think this season is much better than last season. This season has been more like the first two - which were excellent.

Trent said...

I agree. A bit more humorous this year and now a bit more tragic. Without making this too personal, part of the reason the last episode was so hard to watch was because I could picture my own family going through the same events and emotions when my father passed away.
Grieving is a very personal experience and everyone deals with it differently. Some internalize, some turn to alcohol or drugs, some become angry and/or confused, and of course many people become depressed. Most will experience some form of all of the above.

My mother and I started watching season 1 two months after my dad died (right after I moved back in with her) and at that time of course the Fishers were dealing with Nathaniel's death. It was so eery because the show was able to capture the sorrow and humor in death that occurs at the same time. In other words, they were right on the money.
What a great show. It will be sad for it to go off the air, but like you mention Eric, the timing is right.

Sorry for the novel.
Blog=therapy evidentally.