Friday, June 03, 2005

Our Government Sith

So I have been reading the Internet as I do and I noticed something pretty funny. On different web sites the current Republican Government is now being called "The Sith Government" in reference to the Star Wars evil doers. If you haven't seen the movie, there are many subtle and some not-so subtle references towards out current state of affairs and present leaders in Washington. Depending on how you look at it, Lucas is saying that Chancellor (Emperor) Palpatine's quest for power and never ending war is very similar to George W. Bush putting the Patriot Act into play and creating his own war etc.
At one point Anakin even says "If your not with me, then you are against me" or something very similar.

Anyway, just thought it was funny we now have a Sith government.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachelle says.. Changed my mind, I'll leave it at...yes, Cheney and Bush are the Sith.
Sorry, didn't want to offend anyone with comments about Socially conservative and highly irresponsible Republican party members who are dragging us all down a very slippery slope to a very evil demise. Ooops! I wasn't going to say anything. Oh, well. Sorry. (NOT!)

Trent said...

Honey are you upset today?
:)

It's OK, I feel your pain.