Saturday, June 11, 2005

Interesting...Beer

You know it's kind of funny how stuff works in cycles like this. I remember in 1999 when I started jamming with T, Scott, and Marshal and Marshal was like "Bring over same Rainier". At the time all I drank were expensive beers and/or micro brews so I thought it was a bit strange or even cheap to grab a Rainer. After all, I wasn't a poor college student anymore. However, I instantly enjoyed drinking the Rainier and so the tradition of drinking the cheap stuff during band practice was born. It wasn't until I came back from Cabarate that I finally made the switch to light/cheap beers for good. (My dad had already beat me to it by supplementing his Coors Light with an occassional Keystone Light. "Hey, it's just Coors Light in a cheaper can" he would say. "Mom can save a ton at Costco". It was always fantastic when my mom would go to Costco to get milk, eggs, bread, and TEN CASES OF BEER!!!)

Anyway, so now evidentally it's "trendy" to drink the PBR and Rainier etc. As someone who gets gets nervous when pop-culture catches up to him (see Modest Mouse, Puma, weed, Paul's Boutique,Interpol and 70's attire) I now announce my switch to OLYMPIA beer whenever I can find it.

Having beer is great, but having a choice of beers is wonderful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's the water.