Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Pearl Jam Live in Italy DVD with special guest My Morning Jacket


Update: An interview with the DVD director.


















I have not had a chance to watch all of this new IMMAGINE IN CORNICE DVD (see set list below), but along with a few PJ only songs I was able to watch Eddie join My Morning Jacket on a cover of the Who's A Quick One (While He's Away). This is an eight minute medley that really holds five or six different sections. There is a bit of country/western, full on rock, some Byrds style harmonizing, and some a capella etc. From what I understand this was the Who's first attempt at an "Rock Opera."

The performance by MMJ with Eddie is almost flawless and full of an energy that can only shine through when people are doing something they truly love (remember, Eddie worships Pete Townsend). The whole time I kept thinking "they aren't going to do the whole damn thing are they?" They did and it rocked. I'll post a clip as soon as I can.

A Track List of Immagine in Cornice is as Follows:

Severed Hand (Milan)
World Wide Suicide (Featured clips from all Italian show dates)
Life Wasted (Torino)
Corduroy (Verona)
State of Love and Trust (Milan)
Porch (Verona)
Even Flow (Torino)
Better Man (Verona)
Alive (Milan)
Blood (Verona)
Comatose (Pistoia)
Come Back (Pistoia)
Rockin' in the Free World (Pistoia)

Bonus Tracks
A Quick One While He's Away -- Eddie Vedder with My Morning Jacket (Torino)
Throw Your Arms Around Me (Pistoia)
Yellow Ledbetter (Milan)

Click here for video of Jeff explaining the set list process.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet DVD, saw the movie on the big screen in Monroe last night. A must buy for any fan. jp