Sunday, September 30, 2007

McCain: I'd prefer Christian president

I love John McCain even though I don't agree with many of his views (like the Iraq war for example), but this kind of backwards thinking is exactly what is wrong with this country. We are so bogged down by the norm and tradition that we forget to be forward thinking. He might as well have said "I would prefer a man President or I would prefer another rich-white President" because that is as naive as his comments sound. What makes a Christian a better leader than a person of the Jewish or Buddhist faith? What makes a Christian better than an Atheist or Agnostic? Nothing. A person with good morals and high intellect can come from any background and it's about time Christians like McCain take themselves down a notch or two on the religious pedestal.

No comments: