Saturday, December 30, 2006

Snow!












The past two-weeks in the snow has been fantastic. The coverage is excellent, the temperatures have been below freezing, and the snow level has not passed 3000 feet.
Last week I hit Alpental three times, Ski Acres once, and then I finally hit Stevens on Wednesday.
At Alpental I enjoyed a day in the backcountry for the first time in about three years. On Monday I went to Ski Acres with my sister and I now remember that I actually love that mountain, specifcally the rollers to the skiers right of the high speed quad. I am pleased I purchased a mid-week pass.
At Stevens the runs to the right of Southern Cross were great, the power line run off of Jupiter was untracked (we even popped into the out of bounds for the last 500 feet or so), and Big Chief Bowl was fantastic.
I'll be hitting snoqualmie Monday and Tuesday (weather permitting) should anyone want to meet up.

No comments: