Thursday, May 12, 2005

Things you need to see or listen to

Go see Crash. Outstanding ensemble cast. Powerful and heart tugging scenarios. A movie with something to say. Nothing is as it seems. You'll want to talk about it...

The HBO series Entourage is on DVD now and the new series starts in a few weeks. Like movies, celebrities, cameos, good music, sex, drugs (lots of drugs) and Jeremy Piven? You'll love this show.

Built To Spill, Spoon, and the Doves are all coming to Seattle soon.

Revenge of the Sith has been getting fantastic reviews. I am taking about 25 high schoolers to see it next Thursday night. It's a double feature as we are hitting Rick's afterwords.

Spaceballs just came out on DVD. Use the Schwartz!

The Raveonettes, Spoon, Coldplay, Audioslave, and the White Stripes all have new albums out soon. Lets exchange tunes.

Have you seen Hotel Rwanda? It's hard to believe Genocide still occurs in the world. One million people dead in 100 days? Insane.

2 comments:

ericdagg said...

Seeing "Crash" is on my list for sure.

Entourage is pretty damn funny. I'm excited for the new season.

If you liked "Hotel Rwanda" (I haven't seen it yet, but plan to) then I would recommend checking out "Sometimes in April" (http://www.hbo.com/films/sometimesinapril). It's an HBO Original Movie that was showing a few months ago. However, I think I saw an ad that it is coming to DVD soon. It's about a Rwandan soldier (played by Idris Elba from The Wire!!) who is a Hutu but married to a Tutsi. Good movie - it too makes you wonder how something like that could happen.

Trent said...

That sounds like an interesting movie. In Hotel Rwanda Don Cheadle's character is Hutu (spelling?) and married to a Tutsi also.

I saw Crash and Hotel Rwanda within two days of each other, so I am looking forward to some mindless entertainment soon in the form of Star Wars.

There is a scene in Crash that explores the most confusing and complex emotions I have seen on screen in a long time...I can't recall feeling that much intensity in a movie theater in years.