Saturday, April 30, 2005

HOT Lanes and Planned Tolls

I have been an advocate of tolls for quite some time and it's nice that people are going to be able to pay for the roads they drive on as opposed to the government trying to raise all the road funds through general taxes.
If I was in charge I would toll I-90 heading west in Bellevue and 520 heading West in Kirkland. I would also toll 99 in Fremont and South Seattle.


From the times (click link for full article)

Highway 167 isn't the only place where the state's transportation policy-makers are flirting with tolls.

Motorists will pay to cross the new Tacoma Narrows Bridge, now under construction. It's a foregone conclusion among state and local officials that tolls will be imposed to pay part of the cost of replacing the Highway 520 bridge. New lanes on Interstate 405 could be managed as HOT lanes.

"I think the [Alaskan Way] Viaduct's going to have to have tolls on it, too," said Bruce Agnew of the Discovery Institute, a Seattle think tank, pointing to the likely gap between available tax revenues and the $4 billion cost of replacing the aging bridge with a tunnel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Trent,

I perused your post (HOT Lanes and Planned Tolls) with much interest as I was looking for ways to buy and sell montana road construction. Unfortunately your article was not exactly what I was looking for
montana road construction. But luckily there is a site I have found that allows you to buy and sell anything like montana road construction on interest free credit and you can pay for your montana road construction whenever you want. Here's the link one more time: montana road construction.