Friday, July 15, 2005

Scarlett...you rock


Here is an excerpt from an article about Scarlett...

It seems that during the filming of "The Island," Scarlett balked at wearing unmentionables in a bedroom scene. As director Michael Bay recounts to Reuters, he was called to his leading lady's trailer just before the scene was set to shoot, figuring he'd have to give her a spiel on how it would all be handled with decorum.

"She's standing there and she says, 'I'm not wearing this cheap-[bleep] bra. I'm going naked,'" says the schlock-meister.

For Johansson, it was simply a matter of verisimilitude. "I said, 'Women don't normally sleep in a bra. I can't wake up in this scene wearing a bra. It's ridiculous,'" explains the It girl to Entertainment Tonight. "He said, 'What do you want to wear.' I said, 'Well, nothing!'"

Bay's response: "It's PG-13. You have to wear the bra." (Hear that sound? It's a million disappointed guys all vowing to make Michael Bay pay dearly for that decision.)

Link to full article

1 comment:

Trent said...

She is my favortie working actress. Has been since she was 15 and I saw her in Ghost World and the Man Who Wasn't There. Lost in Translation is a masterpiece that I have seen at least six or seven times. VERY re-watchable.